Sunday, March 28, 2010

Patch 3.3.3 - Healing Priests

Patch 3.3.3 has been added and as usual, there isn't much in it for us healing priests. There has been some bugfixes and some other changes as well, but only two are worth noting, one slightly more notable and one that's just... meh. Well, that's how it's been for the past few patches for us healing priests, and I suppose having no change at all is better than a change for the worse. So what has happened?

Let's start with the uninteresting one, so we get it over with.

"Renewed Hope: now has a 60-second duration, up from 20 seconds, but a 15-second cooldown."

This one is simple. Alot of classes have gotten a talented reproccable buff changed to be more "stable". Buffs like enhancement shaman Unleashed Rage, DK's Abomination's Might and mages Arcane Empowerment, that used to fill the combat log with their repeatable proccings, have now become stable buffs. Others like druid Mangle and our own Renewed Hope have become a 60 sec duration instead of the old 20 second one (I'm unsure on the old duration of mangle, but it was about as short). Blizzard just doesn't want these buffs, which proc all the time anyway, to fill the combat logs, and either make them last longer or forever.

This change doesn't really change anything, and I strongly doubt we'll notice a difference when healing. Like I said, this is probably done due to technical practicality than anything else. Boring!

On to the next.

"Glyph of Power Word: Shield: The heal produced from this glyph is now more correctly treated as a heal for purposes of procing effects that are caused by heals, such as Divine Aegis and the weapon Trauma. "

Digging through the patch notes, we find this little beauty. It's not much, but I'll grab onto anything when what we get is so lame! The fact that the Glyph of Power Word Shield heal didn't proc "procs upon heal" effects has actually really annoyed me over the past months, and I was at first really glad they'd decided to fix this. I immediately logged onto my priest to see if they had finally fixed the one thing that has been a splinter in my eye - the fact that the glyphs critical heals doesn't proc Inspiration. After 10 shieldings on random people in Dalaran before I got a critical heal with the glyph (although I have nearly 30% crit... fail rng Blizz), I noticed that no... they have not fixed this.

I don't know if they think it would be too good. It's an instant heal after all and it would be a fairly easy way to place Inspiration quickly on the raid. But so is using Circle of Healing or Prayer of Healing! My guess is they've just overlooked it. Again. So this change is a small step for the better, but not completely there yet.

That's unfortunately all folks. Blizzard still seem to think priests are just fine the way they are, and I still agree with them. Yes, healing priests actually are just about perfect at the moment. But I still like to complain... :P

No comments:

Post a Comment